|Ilona Gyerman, RHIT, CTR|
Director of Data Quality, CHAMPS Oncology
Ilona Gyerman, RHIT, CTR, cancer program consultant, is the director of data quality for CHAMPS Oncology. In her position, Gyerman is part of the CHAMPS team of highly skilled cancer information specialists who strategically partner with cancer programs nationwide to transform quality cancer data into valuable information – information that can be used to achieve accreditation, strategic planning, community outreach and cancer care objectives.
Prior to joining CHAMPS Oncology, Gyerman supervised and managed cancer registry databases for the Cleveland Clinic East Region Tumor Registry for more than seventeen years.
With 20 years of experience in the cancer registry profession, Gyerman provides expertise and consultative services to cancer programs and works hard to ensure quality data is collected in the registry. Because she understands the critical role cancer data plays in patient care, Gyerman shares this knowledge with clients and demonstrates how a multidisciplinary cancer care team can benefit from a proactive cancer registry. As a cancer program consultant, she provides guidance and expertise to hospitals going through the CoC accreditation process.
She has experience:
- Assisting cancer programs through the CoC preparation and survey process to achieve accreditation
- Managing cancer registry workflow and operations
- Developing and performing cancer data quality review audits
- Providing best practices and tools to optimize CoC compliance documentation
- Mentoring cancer registrars in development and management of cancer registry databases
She is currently a member of:
Ilona Gyerman received an Associates of Applied Science in Health Information Management from Cuyahoga Community College.
Gyerman's speaking topics include:
- 2012 CoC Accreditation Standards and Survey Process
- Cancer Data Quality Review
- Cancer Registry Operations and Data Management
For more information or to contact Ilona Gyerman, please call 800.362.2628 ext. 3611 or contact us